Publications – Dr. Rory McQuillan
1. PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
1. McQuillan RF, Clark E, Zahirieh A, Cohen ER, Paparello JJ, Wayne DB, Barsuk JH. Performance of Temporary Hemodialysis Catheter Insertion by Nephrology Fellows and Attending Nephrologists.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015 Sep 25. pii: CJN.01720215. PMID 26408550.
2. Fareed B. Kamar and Rory F. McQuillan, “Hyperchloremic Metabolic Acidosis due to Cholestyramine: A Case Report and Literature Review,” Case Reports in Nephrology, vol. 2015, Article ID 309791, 3 pages, 2015. doi:10.1155/2015/309791
3. Bromfield M, McQuillan R, John R, Avila-Casado C. The significance of tubuloreticular inclusions in the diagnosis of Focal and Segmental Glomerulosclerosis associated with CMV infection. Clinical Kidney Journal. 2014 Feb 6(0):1-5. Co-Principal Author.
4. Edward G Clark, James J Paparello, Diane B Wayne, Cedric Edwards, Stephanie Hoar, Rory McQuillan, Michael E Schachter and Jeffrey H Barsuk. Use of a national continuing medical education meeting to provide simulation-based training in temporary hemodialysis catheter insertion skills: a pre-test post-test study. Canadian Journal of Kidney Health and Disease. 2014;1:25. Coauthor or Collaborator.
5. Toulany A, McQuillan RF, Thull-Freedman JD, Margolis PA. Quasi-Experimental designs for quality improvement research. Implementation Science. 2013;8(Suppl 1):S3.
6. McQuillan RF, Chiu E, Nessim S, Lok CE, Roscoe JM, Tam P and Jassal SV. A randomized controlled trial comparing mupirocin and polysporin triple ointments in peritoneal dialysis patients: the MP3 Study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012 Feb;7(2):297-303. Epub 2011 Dec 1. Principal Author.
7. McQuillan RF and Chan CT. The intuitive case for beta-blockers in patients with ESRD. Semin Dial. 2012 Jan;25(1):15-21. Principal Author.
8. McQuillan R, Trpeski L, Fenton S and Lok CE. Modifiable risk factors for early mortality on hemodialysis. Int J Nephrol. 2012:435736. Epub 2012 Jul 24. Principal Author.
9. McQuillan R, Bharatha A, Simons M and Bargman J. Sudden loss of consciousness during hemodialysis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2011 May;57(5):xxiii-xxvi. Principal Author.
10. McQuillan RF, Bargman JM. Hyponatraemia caused by LGI1-associated limbic encephalitis. NDT Plus. 2011;4(6):424-426. Principal Author.
11. McQuillan R and Jassal SV. Neuropsychiatric complications of chronic kidney disease. Nat Rev Nephrol. 2010 Aug;6(8):471-9. Epub 2010 Jun 22. Principal Author.
12. O’Seaghdha CM, McQuillan R, Moran AM, Lavin P, Dorman A, O’Kelly P, Mohan DM, Little P, Hickey DP and Conlon PJ. Higher tacrolimus trough levels on days 2-5 post-renal transplant are associated with reduced rates of acute rejection. Clin Transplant. 2009 Aug;23(4):462-8.
13. McQuillan RF, O’Seaghdha CM, Bagatto A, Manusamy M, Errakiah N, Sinnott C, O’Kelly P, Murphy GM and Conlon PJ. The effect of switching from calcineurin inhibitor to sirolimus on the incidence of skin cancers in kidney transplant recipients. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2009 Mar;23(3):330-1. Epub 2008 Jul 7. Principal Author.
14. O’Riordan A, Wong V, McQuillan R, McCormick PA, Hegarty JE and Watson AJ. Acute renal disease, as defined by the RIFLE criteria, post-liver transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2007 Jan;7(1):168-76. Epub 2006 Nov 15.